My English Learning Journey

My English Learning Journey

By Norha Murillo Perea

Welcome Message

Hello! Welcome to my English blog.

My name is Norha Murillo Perea. I am a student of the Technology Program in Efficient Energy Management. This blog is a space where I share information about my family, hobbies, work, a beautiful tourist destination in my region, current events, and topics related to critical thinking and crime and punishment.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog!


ENTRY 1 (Family)

My Wonderful Family

Family is one of the most important parts of my life. My family always supports me in every challenge. We enjoy spending time together, celebrating birthdays, and sharing special moments.

My mother is kind, loving, and hardworking. She inspires me every day. I also enjoy helping my family and learning from their experiences.

Family teaches us values such as respect, honesty, responsibility, and love.

Vocabulary

  • Family
  • Mother
  • Father
  • Sister
  • Brother
  • Love
  • Respect
  • Support

Suggested Image

A family photo.

Suggested Audio

Record yourself reading this text for about one minute.


ENTRY 2 (Hobbies and Interests)

My Hobbies and Interests

During my free time, I enjoy listening to music, watching educational videos, reading, and learning new things.

One of my biggest interests is improving my English because it helps me communicate with people from different countries and creates better job opportunities.

I also like spending time with my family and taking care of my home.

Vocabulary

  • Music
  • Reading
  • Learning
  • English
  • Education
  • Happiness

Suggested Video

A short video introducing yourself in English (1–2 minutes).


ENTRY 3 (My Work)

My Professional Life

I study Efficient Energy Management because I want to contribute to environmental protection and sustainable development.

In the future, I hope to work in a company where I can apply my knowledge about energy efficiency, renewable energy, and environmental responsibility.

Working hard and continuing my education are important goals in my life.

Vocabulary

  • Energy
  • Technology
  • Sustainability
  • Environment
  • Responsibility
  • Future

Suggested Audio

Explain why you chose your career.


ENTRY 4 (Tourist Place in My Region)

Discover Guatapé, Colombia

One of the most beautiful tourist destinations in Colombia is Guatapé.

It is famous for its colorful houses, beautiful lake, and the impressive El Peñón de Guatapé.

Visitors can climb more than 700 steps to enjoy an amazing panoramic view. People can also take boat tours, taste traditional Colombian food, and enjoy nature.

I would love to visit this wonderful place again because it is peaceful and full of beautiful landscapes.

Vocabulary

  • Tourism
  • Nature
  • Lake
  • Mountain
  • Culture
  • Adventure

Suggested Video

A YouTube travel video about Guatapé.


ENTRY 5 (Current Events)

Technology and Artificial Intelligence

Artificial Intelligence is transforming education, healthcare, transportation, and business.

Today, many students use AI to improve their learning, practice languages, and solve problems.

However, people should use artificial intelligence responsibly, verify information, and respect academic honesty.

Technology is a great tool when it is used wisely.

Vocabulary

  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Technology
  • Education
  • Innovation
  • Responsibility

ENTRY 6 (Critical Thinking and Media Literacy)

Critical Thinking and Media Literacy

Critical thinking helps people analyze information carefully before believing or sharing it.

Today, social media spreads information very quickly. Unfortunately, not everything we read online is true.

To become responsible digital citizens, we should:

  • Verify the source.
  • Compare different opinions.
  • Check reliable websites.
  • Avoid spreading fake news.
  • Think before sharing information.

Critical thinking is an essential skill for students and professionals.

Suggested Activity

Create a short video explaining how to identify fake news.


ENTRY 7 (Crime and Punishment)

Crime and Punishment

Crime affects individuals, families, and communities.

Some common crimes include theft, cybercrime, fraud, and violence.

Laws exist to protect citizens and maintain order in society.

Education, respect, and strong values can help prevent crime.

Everyone has the responsibility to respect the law and contribute to a safer community.

Vocabulary

  • Crime
  • Law
  • Justice
  • Respect
  • Responsibility
  • Community 

Comentarios